Manual Handling in the Workplace
- Describe how injury to the muscles, spine and tendons can occur from lifting
- Use the checklist developed from the Code of Practice for Manual Handling to identify and assess risk factors for a selected task
- With reference to the nine control strategies listed in the Code of Practice, participate in the selection of practicable short and/or long term controls
- Legislative controls that are in place to ensure the safety of emplyees when performing manual handling tasks
- Define manual handling
- Knowledge of manual handling procedures
- Common risks associated with manual handling activities
- Outline of the methods that are employed to control risks associated with manual handling
Schedule for this course
Pre-payment for registration to any training course is required.
Cancellation by either party within 48 hours prior to course commencement is subject to our Terms and Conditions.