This course is aimed at leading hands, supervisors and management who supervise or lead teams of individuals in the workplace.
The objectives of the workshop include-
1. Identify potential conflict situations
2. To develop and enhance individual and team conflict resolution competence
3. Implement conflict resolution strategies
4. To identify changes required to improve the organisations / work groups overall negotiating effectiveness
5. Use effective interpersonal skills
The workshop is designed with a balance of theory and practical sessions via small group work and "hands on" action learning.
Case study materials are drawn from the actual experience of the participants in order to enhance the direct relevance and practical orientation of the workshop.
The program runs for one day. Prior to the course, participants are required to complete a comprehensive diagnostic questionnaire to allow the workshop to address the specific needs of individuals on the course.
Areas covered on this course include-
- Situational factors
- A procedural approach
- Grievance procedures
- Disciplinary procedures
- Resolution strategies
- Problem solving techniques
- Mediation solutions
- Negotiation skills
- Counselling skills
- Your role in the organisation
- Types of communication
- Techniquies for effective communication
- Autonomy, authority and responsibility
- TRAINING, ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES AND QUESTIONS
Participants are provided with a comprehensive workbook which is used during the workshop and thereafter providing a valuable reference guide.
Schedule for this course
Pre-payment for registration to any training course is required.
Cancellation by either party within 48 hours prior to course commencement is subject to our Terms and Conditions.